We are hiring! Financial Controller Applications Sought
21 June 2021
By John Cove
The Scotmas Group is looking to recruit to a Financial Controller to be based at Kelso in the Scottish Borders. The ideal candidate will have a background within the manufacturing or engineering sectors, and will work closely with the retiring CFO before taking complete responsibility for the finance function in a profitable technology group
The role will be very hands on as you will be working closely with the finance team to ensure month-end deadlines are met. You will also be responsible for more senior financial responsibilities such as partnering with senior management to provide key financial analysis and strategic financial advice. The company does expect there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to work from home some of the time.
The main responsibilities for the Financial Controller position are:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the development of an organisational structure required to support the growth plans of the Group.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements and cashflow forecasting.
- Work closely with the senior management team to provide analysis and strategic financial advice in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Maintain and develop existing and future relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Develop the new Dynamics 365 ERP system.
To be considered for the Financial Controller position you must possess the following:
- An accountancy qualification (CIMA/CA/ACCA).
- Ideally previous experience working within manufacturing or engineering.
- Strong communication skills.
- A proactive approach to work.
- The ability to solve complex problems.
- Strong IT and system skills.
If you would like to hear more about the position, please submit your CV to email@example.com